[ RadSafe ] Atomic Waste Mishandled, Records Show

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Tue Aug 9 08:26:31 CDT 2005

It is interesting that she doesn't know that strontium follows the chemistry
of calcium.  Where is the strontium-90 coming from?  Most foods, including
milk and bread contain levels at or below (mostly) the detection levels of
strontium-90.

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728
FAX: 781-729-3593

The above are my thoughts and not necseearily those of my Agency.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf
Of Bjorn Cedervall
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:37 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Atomic Waste Mishandled, Records Show

>The parents' lawyer, Nancy La Vista, said she planned to argue that
tests of the boys' baby teeth showed abnormally high levels of
radioactive strontium, which is produced when atoms are split and
that when ingested binds to human bones.

---

I wonder how they know it was strontium (what was the type of analysis?).
Anyone who knows the answer?

My personal reflection only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com