[ RadSafe ] RE: IRF - NUREG 4884

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Fri Aug 19 15:54:33 CDT 2005

Folks

Is I-125 accelerator-produced?  That might be the reason for omitting it.  However, note that *stable* iodine (I-127) is listed.  So, you could try to work it out for yourself, given the 60 d t1/2 (I realize that's not the same as simply citing an independent, and authoritative, reference).  ICRP 54 does list I-125.

Cheers
cja

"Wesley" <wesvanpelt at att.net> wrote:
>Darren and All,
>I just checked my paper copy of NUREG 4884.  And yes, I-125 is missing. I
>wonder why? It has a gazillion other radionuclides.
>Wes
>Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP
>Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.