AW: [ RadSafe ] AW: Gasteiner Heilstollen for holiday!?

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 15:48:37 CDT 2005

Ranier,
Thank you for the reply.  I am about 500 emails behind
as I was off-line for about a month.  (Actually, the
number of interesting e-mails, such as yours, are
probably less than 50.)

Biological repair is certainly not unique to
radiation. That is why certain toxic chemicals do not
kill at low doses or dose rates.  In our country, the
Environmental Protection Agency has threshold limit
values (TLV).  In radiation protection, we have
exposure limits, which are certainly above background
levels.

I don't consider the statement that radiation "may
result from the induction of repair enzymes" to be all
that surprising, whether it was made in 1979 or
yesterday.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com