[ RadSafe ] Central Dose registry

JGinniver at aol.com JGinniver at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 13:44:58 CDT 2005

The UK registry is called the Central Index of Dose Information CIDI and  was
originally set up in January 1987 by the UK's Health and Safety  Executive.
It was operated by the UK's National Radiological Protection  Board (NRPB) now
called the Radiation Protection Division of the Health  Protection Agency.
The operation of the index is detailed in Memoranda  NRPB-M92 and NRPB-M176. In
addition further information, including annual  summary reports, can be found
at the following URL:
_http://www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/ionising/doses/cidi.htm_ (http://www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/ionising/doses/cidi.htm)  . You  used to
be able to obtain copies of NRPB memoranda at a cost of £5 each,  although I
don't know if these are still available.  The NRPB (as was) have  published at
least 2 detailed studies of the results since the Index was  originally set up.
 All workers in the UK, who meet the ICRP guidelines for  Radiation Workers
(in the UK these are called Classified Workers) are asked when  they become a
Classified Worker if they agree to their dose information being  submitted to
the CIDI. These include, Medical, Vetinary,  Industrial, Nuclear and Defense
workers.  I understand that the  workers dosimetry service then provides annual
data to the CIDI.

Regards,
    Julian