[ RadSafe ] Re: TLD neutron calibration

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 09:53:38 CDT 2005

On 26 Aug 2005 at 7:40, Michael McNaughton wrote:

> Sandy, Neill, and others
>
> What neutron spectrum is usually used to calibrate albedo neutron
> TLDs? Is it always 252Cf in a 30-cm-diameter D2O sphere? Are other
> spectra commonly used?

Hi Mike,

Moderated 252-Cf is most commonly used. However, we also have Bare
252-Cf, PuBe and AmBe calibrations used for various facilities. One
is not limited to the various spectra than can be sued, limited only
of the source traceability.

Regards,

Sandy
-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/