[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium

Baumbaugh, Joel SPAWAR joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil
Mon Aug 29 15:44:53 CDT 2005

Radsafers,

How much depleted uranium can a member of the general public:

Own (like a door-stop)

Transfer (give away to friends or relatives as gifts for their doors
too)?

Transport on public roads (a little in the truck for traction in the
winter)

What are the disposal regulations/restrictions if they don't want it any

 more (and its not a liquid)?

Do the regulations mention if it matters whether it is:

Solid Metal (open to the air or sealed)

Powder

I found the sanitary sewer restrictions already.

Sorry to bother everyone with this (probably) easy question, but even
though I looked through the CFRs (I would have bet money it would be in
30 or 31), but I came up empty.  I seem to remember it was 15 lbs?

Thanks (ahead of time)

Joel Baumbaugh (joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil)

SSC-SD