[ RadSafe ] New Radiation Protection Unit? The Taylor (Ty)

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:59:51 CST 2005

>Personally, I would not want to sully the great reputation of Lauriston
Taylor by linking it to some of the recent ruminations of the ICRP.

Nowadays there are great opportunities to get involved in the development of
the ICRP publications including those related to dosimetry. Next major draft
of the recommendations will be very important so please involve with
constructive criticism (practical aspects included).

Concerning the LNT concept (which was commented again by some Radsafers) -
it is mainly there for decision making (chosing between alternatives) - not
counting future cancer cases. This aspect has, during recent years,
repetedly been emphasized by ICRP representatives. (I usually delete most
Radsafers arguments about the LNT because most of the discussion leads
nowhere - the epidemiological resolution must always be poor as the dose
goes down - the world of cell biology indicates phenomena that could go
either way).

My personal ideas only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com