[ RadSafe ] Free sources - you pay shipping...

Baumbaugh, Joel SPAWAR joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil
Wed Dec 7 12:56:05 CST 2005

RADSAFERS,

I have a researcher who has two sources which are utilized at another
facility (and not under any of my licenses).  He no longer has any use
for these sources and has given me the following information to post on
RADSAFE.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT THESE SOURCES...

There are two (Co-60) sources which are GFE at Maxwell Labs.

These (2 sources) were delivered in 1990 totaling 5820 Ci.  By his
calculations they are down to about 700 Ci (364 Ci and 342 Ci)

These sources were made by Neutron Products and he has some drawings
that could be scanned and attached to someone if they'd like.

The sources capsule is 3.9 inches from bottom to top of threaded tip.
Diameter is 0.382 inches.

The sources were custom made so he doesn't think they have a model
number associated with them.

These are FREE to a good (appropriately licensed) home.  You pay the
shipping.

Please contact Dr. Russ Clement via email at russ.clement at navy.mil
<mailto:russ.clemenent at navy.mil>  if you are interested.

Joel Baumbaugh (joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil)