[ RadSafe ] RE: Comments on scientific papers must also be subjected to peer review

Scott, Bobby BScott at lrri.org
Mon Dec 12 15:00:00 CST 2005

Colleagues:

I plan to submit a letter to the editor of the JNCI related to the paper
by E. Cardis et al. on thyroid cancer after the Chernobyl accident.

For readers of the Radsafe Digest that may have an interest, I have a
pdf version of my seminar given on November 10, 2005 at Los Alamos
National Laboratory entitled "The LNT Hypothesis May Have Outlived Its
Usefulness".  The seminar presents evidence that diagnostic X rays
(e.g., CT scans, mammograms, chest X-rays), elevated natural background
radiation, and radon in our homes may be protecting us from cancer and
possibly also from other diseases via activating cooperative protective
processes.  The protection is attributed to the low-LET component of the
dose in case of radon and background radiation.  I would be happy to
e-mail the pdf version of the seminar to interested persons.

Sincerely,

Bobby R. Scott