[ RadSafe ] Wikipedia survives research test

Rogers Brent Brent.Rogers at environment.nsw.gov.au
Thu Dec 15 15:00:53 CST 2005

Just to add my own anecdotal experience, I recently Googled "Pebble Bed
Reactor", out of intellectual curiosity, and chose the Wikipedia entry for
it.  Although I can't vouch for the accuracy of the article (I was just
learning the info myself), I did find it to be very useful.  It was written
in what I consider to be that right balance of not being overly scholarly,
yet not dumbed down either.  In other word, just right if you want to gain
useful knowledge without being confronted with differential equations.  I
have, and will continue to recommend the article to people wanting to learn
more about this new reactor technology.

Brent Rogers
Manager Radiation Operations Unit
NSW Environment Protection Authority
Department of Environment and Conservation
*+61 2 9995 5986
*+61 2 9995 6603
* PO Box A290 Sydney South 1232