[ RadSafe ] Activity question

LNMolino at aol.com LNMolino at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 16:07:35 CST 2005

recently eBay the online auction site has "banned radioactive" items from
their site. In a recent letter to a person offering unprocessed ores on the site
 (a seemingly common practice) the following statement was made  by eBay.

"Please also remember that anything that has a specific activity greater
than 70 Bq per gram (.002 microcurie per gram) is not permitted on eBay under
any conditions."

So to that end I pose this question. Why the above "limit" what makes 70 Bq
the "magic number" or rather might there be a "scientific basis for such a
"limit"?

Thanks.

Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET
FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
LNMolino at aol.com
979-690-7559  (Office)
979-412-0890 (Cell Phone)
979-690-7562 (Office Fax)

"A  Texan with a Jersey Attitude"

The comments contained in this E-mail are  the opinions of the author and the
author alone. I in no way ever intend to  speak for any person or
organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or  associated with unless I
specifically state that I am doing so. Further this  E-mail is intended only for its
stated recipient and may contain private and or  confidential materials
retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in  the public domain by the
original author.