[ RadSafe ] RE: Mangano: US Beta Levels Up 40% Since 1980

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 10:27:54 CST 2005

Peter,
I think your idea is good, but most people on this
list would rather talk the subject to death within the
list.

--- "Sandgren, Peter" <Peter.Sandgren at po.state.ct.us>
wrote:

> I hope some of you learned folks have also sent your
> highly informative
> letters to the publications that have seen fit to
> print Mangano's
> unscientific claims.  For my 2 cents, I believe that
> anybody who
> announces he/she has scientific and controversial
> "information" to share
> will always find a reporter or newspaper to put
> their claims in print.
>
> The best defense and the strongest safeguard we have
> is the knowledge
> and experience of you folks on radsafe.  For every
> distorted claim that
> makes it into print, if two or three letters (with
> supporting scientific
> references) come to contradict those claims, at
> least one of those
> letters will be printed, and rad-fearful minds will
> be calmed.  These
> email rebuttals that come into radsafe could, with a
> little polishing,
> go far to hold back the tide of fear that threatens
> to close nuclear
> plants around the country.  So, thanks to all of you
> who take the time
> to write!  Please keep it up, and send them on to
> the newspapers.  Most
> papers will accept email letters as long as the name
> and address (and
> credentials!) of the writer are included.
>
> Happy New Year to all,
> Peter Sandgren

=== message truncated ===

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction."
"John F. Kennedy, U.S. President and former Naval Officer

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com