[ RadSafe ] LNT/threshold/hormesis - what do HPs really think?

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Thu Jul 21 10:48:47 CDT 2005

A poll requires an unbiased method for selecting participants. For
example the one I reported used the first University employed listing on
each page of the Health Physics Soc and Radiation Research Soc
membership lists.
    I would appreciate alternative suggestions, including sources of the
addresses, like the Radiation Research Soc membership list. Is a
University address sufficient evidence for lack of personal economic bias?
     I would appreciate if people would look at the previous study I
referred to (posted on the internet) and make comments or suggestions.
    Would Health Physics or some other journal be willing to accept
this poll for publication? If not, how can I justify the time and money
spent on it? A group of collaborators (endorsers or co-authors) might be
useful for this. I can handle the monetary costs.
    Once these matters are settled, I would appreciate suggestions for
wording the questions. Also on what methods are most suitable for
sending and receiving info -- e-mail vs snail mail withor without return
postage, or telephone contact