[ RadSafe ] RE: Spent nuclear fuel: Graph of gamma vs. time for the first 1000 yrs

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:27:25 CST 2005

Thank you for the responses this far. I should point out that it is not
important to have the numbers right with a four digit accuracy. +/- 10 % is
fine. I was asked this question by a person who in turn communicates with
decision makers (including politicians) - we ran into a discussion about
what is essentially an occupational health hazard (requires gamma shielding)
and what is a potential risk in terms of
distribution->uptake->ingestion->dose. I argue that there is still gamma
there to consider after a few thousand years but I would like to have some
numbers of course.

I normally stick to doses so this way of looking at the issue (activity
only, alpha, beta and gamma separated) is unusual to me,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com