[ RadSafe ] Disposal via Decay in Storage

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Thu Nov 10 13:56:35 CST 2005

The NRC's 10CFR20, Appendix B allows for in Table 3 "releases to sewers"
"Monthly Average Concentration" is 6.0 E-04 µCi/mL.  The 'normal' dose for a
Stress Test is 60 µCi.  30 µCi is given at the time of the first part of the
test and 30 µCi six hours later.  The in growth from this amount is well
below these limits.  The above "Monthly Average Concentration" is for a
Licensee.  I don't whether this may apply to the Hospital.

Edmond J. Baratta

Radiation Safety Officer

Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728

FAX: 781-729-3593

This is my opinion and not those of my Agency.