[ RadSafe ] Re: LLNL Job Opportunity

Jim Hardeman Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us
Fri Nov 18 11:31:42 CST 2005

Colleagues *

Please see, below, an announcement for a job opportunity at the National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center (NARAC) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). Please don't contact me regarding this announcement ...

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us

============================

Dear Colleague,

I would appreciate your help in passing the word on a job opportunity at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) for M.S. and Ph.D. physical scientists and engineers for work on problems related to the atmospheric dispersion and effects of hazardous materials.  This work is in the National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center, NARAC, in Livermore, California (http://narac.llnl.gov). Primary responsibilities are to apply atmospheric flow and dispersion models as an analyst in our operational emergency response and decision support center. Secondary responsibilities can include designing and developing software systems for running the models, or research, development and evaluation of meteorological and dispersion models (using field and laboratory experiments). Strong computer/software skills, and ability to work effectively in a cooperative team environment are requirements. Desired areas of expertise include turbulence and dispersion modeling, atmospheric chemistry, boundary-layer meteorology, meteorological modeling and forecasting, air pollution meteorology, statistical & numerical methods, sources and properties of chemical, radiological & biological material, health physics, chemical toxicity, deposition, resuspension and aerosol physics.

Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested.

For more information and to submit a resume on-line, see http://jobs.llnl.gov and enter job requisition number 000606

For more information contact:
   Dr. John S. Nasstrom, Group Leader
   Atmospheric Flow, Transport and Hazard Assessment Group
   Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
   P.O. Box 808, L-103
   Livermore, CA 94551
   Email: jnasstrom at llnl.gov