[ RadSafe ] license for neutron source?

Tom Strank tstrank at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:49:06 CST 2005

A U.S. lab for which I consult wants a small neutron source for
materials science testing.  I've looked at the alternatives,  and the
best for their purposes seems to be proton bombardment of
beryllium, as in G. Wolber et al, A Fast Neutron Source for
Biological Research, Phys. Med. Biol. 42 (1997) 725-733.

What kind of license(s) do they need to run that?

Is there a cheaper/easier alternative that I've overlooked?

-Tom Strank

More information about the RadSafe mailing list