[ RadSafe ] US shortage of TC-99m

Baratta, Edmond J EBARATTA at ORA.FDA.GOV
Mon Nov 21 06:57:06 CST 2005

To my knowledge Medi+Physics (not the parent's name, was Amersham) (Chicago
area) also supplies Tc-99m Generators.  The name Squibb has been changed to
BMS (Bristol Meyers Squibb).  Incidentally all the Mo-99 is produced outside
the USA.

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700, ext 728
FAX: 781-729-3593
My opinions and not that of my Agency!!

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On Behalf
Of alstonchris at netscape.net
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 6:39 PM
To: ratman_90 at yahoo.com; radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] US shortage of TC-99m

Mallinckrodt is recalling their generators.  I haven't really followed the
string on the AMRSO list, but I think they *may* be worried about bacterial
contamination.  Squibb may not be able to supply generators to everyone
who's now a potential client; I think that they are offering some level of
bulk shipment, by way of support.  You might check Mallinckrodt's website.

Cheers
cja

larry ratliff <ratman_90 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what is up?  We are hurting over here, and not been told
as to why.  Any ideas or infor would be greatly appreciated
>  Larry W Ratliff BS, RT(N)(R)(CT)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.