[ RadSafe ] HP Opening at Harvard

Joseph Ring Joseph_Ring at Harvard.edu
Mon Nov 21 12:55:39 CST 2005

I would appreciate it if you would help me by distributing this
announcement for an HP to those who may be interested.  If some one is
interested they can contact me directly, but the application must be made
on the University hiring website.

Joe Ring

Harvard University
Environmental Health & Safety
Manager of Field Operations

Duties and Responsibilities

This position leads the field services team of the radiation program for
Harvard University and several affiliate institutions. The Radiation
Protection Office (RPO) services over 4,200 researchers using radioactive
materials on 10 campuses in a dynamic and growing research
environment.  This position joins a group of more than 40 multidisciplinary
professionals providing safety and environmental services to the
University.  The successful candidate will plan, schedule and implement
technician services for the ionizing and non-ionizing radiation safety
programs.  Candidate must be a creative, strong leader who will motivate
and lead staff to deliver exceptionally high quality radiation safety
services and outstanding customer service. Must be an excellent
communicator, knowledgeable in regulatory requirements, a capable mentor
and proficient in computer use.

Required Education:

This position requires a Bachelors of Science in radiological sciences or
equivalent and three to five years experience.  Experience in the
management and operation of a university/institutional broad scope
radioactive materials license is desirable. Demonstrated abilities to
motivate manage and coach others with attention to detail and a commitment
to high standards.  Able to organize, lead and participate in effective
teams and work independently. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written
communication skills. Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of
radiation safety, transportation regulations, NRC, DOT, and MADPH
regulations, and technology skills. Candidate will be required to
participate in emergency on-call rotation program.  UOS requires
pre-employment drug, reference and background screening.  Qualified
candidates should apply on-line at
<http://www.atwork.harvard.edu/>www.atwork.harvard.edu  Requisition #24980.

Joseph P. Ring, Ph.D., CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Harvard University
175 North Harvard Street
Boston, MA 02134

Telephone: 617 495-8795
FAX: 617 496-5509

Email: Joseph_ring at harvard.edu
Radiation Protection Office email: radiation_protection at harvard.edu
http://www.uos.harvard.edu/ehs/rad.shtml

This document may contain information that is privileged, CONFIDENTIAL and
recipient, please destroy the email and notify me immediately, as the use
of this information is strictly prohibited.