[ RadSafe ] Ford Nucleon

Frank Helk frank.helk at nis-ingenieure.de
Wed Nov 30 02:29:52 CST 2005

Hello everybody out there,

I've read some time ago about a historic automobile study from 1958, the Ford Nucleon.

The vehicle should run with a tiny nuclear reactor an was planned to run 5000 miles without refuelling; surely it never went to production, there was
only a shrinked model made.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get my hands on any further information besides that and a picture of the model, which can be seen at

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/jrnl/1958/vmd1210ov.html

If anybody knows more, I would be especially interested in how far the design had been gone, and if there's any info about the projected reactor design
available.

With best regards

	Frank Helk