[ RadSafe ] Nnuclear energy and climate change(?)

GELSG at aol.com GELSG at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 14:51:53 CDT 2005

John:

In summary, then, we have two "groups".

In the unambiguous group, we have Crichton (a very good novelist), Gray (a
very mediocre climatic scientist), and Inhofe (a political hack with a
pro-industry agenda and a long history of anti-environment efforts such as the  "Data
Quality Act").

In the more ambiguous group, we have Professors Benedick, Sandalow and
Roberts, each with pretty impressive credentials.

Both groups were discussing our future climate and how we should make  policy
to best respond to any changes.  I don't even have to look any  deeper to
know that I am very distrustful of people in the "unambiguous"  group.  People
who don't know that they are not knowledgeable are the type  who scare me the
most.  And when they have an agenda (look at Inhofe's  record), they can be
downright dangerous.  I don't know whether the recent  hurricanes represent the
beginning of a climate change, but I am very fearful of  people who are
"certain" of their views in either direction.

My question to you, John, is which group do you trust?  Or, are you  just
trying to "stir the pot?"  (Also, I like your last sentence: "If you  do not feel
this is inappropriate, I apologize.")

Jerry Gels

In a message dated 10/3/2005 2:13:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,