[ RadSafe ] Low-Dose Radiation Numbs Lengthy Post-Shingles Pain

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 09:24:42 CDT 2005

If anyone is interested I have a copy of an article
that lists other uses of radiation to treat
non-malignant diseases.  Please contact me directly.

--- Susan Gawarecki <loc at icx.net> wrote:

> Low-Dose Radiation Numbs Lengthy Post-Shingles Pain
>
> By Ed Susman , MedPage Today Staff Writer
>
> DENVER, Oct. 20 - Low-dose radiation could help
> relieve long-lasting
> post-herpetic neuralgia that often trails a painful
> herpes zoster
> outbreak, Swiss researchers reported.
>
> "We think that radiation is at least as good as
> antiviral drugs in
> preventing post-herpetic neuralgia," said Mohammed
> Suleiman, M.D., a
> radiation oncologist at Hospital of Sion in
> Switzerland. "This
> treatment," he said, "could be an alternative for
> people who can't take
> antiviral medications," such as Zovirax (acyclovir)
> and Valtrex
> (valacyclovir).

. . .

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com