[ RadSafe ] three-pronged uranyl exposure therapy proposal

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 26 17:49:20 CDT 2005

At 03:15 PM 10/26/2005, James Salsman wrote:
>   Do you have any reason to not want
>to look at that time series data?
Epidemiological studies require precise application of scientific methods,
not random imaginary association of random observations. We are now being
plagued by unscientific data misuse where the purpose is to "prove" some
preconceived association following the fallacious method called "Affirming
the Consequence". Many books have been published in recent years by
activists that misuse data to promote their favorite imaginary radiation
effect. Most scientists do not want to assist in the advancement of
misinformation. Why encourage the misuse of data?

The fact the depleted uranium is only slightly radioactive and relatively
non-toxic does not seem to have any impact on Mr. Salsman or the other
anti-DU crowd. The over 50 years of scientific studies of the toxicity of
uranium and the recent studies by the Department of Defense are never
referenced by the anti-DU fanatics. I wish that they would put their energy
into causes that would be societally beneficial such as campaigning against
cigarette smoking (100,000 deaths per year) or the development of clean
nuclear power to provide energy independence for out nation (we already
have all the nuclear fuel we need).

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)
University of California, Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140