[ RadSafe ] Chernobyl's Reduced Impact

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 11:12:09 CDT 2005

Jaro,
I think the operative word should always be
"estimated."  Again, does anyone have any idea what
the normal cancer death rates are?  I would someone
would have mentioned it at the meeting.

The problem is people want to know the effects.  To
say zero will not satisfy some, and 100,000 will not
safisty others.  To say we really do not know, is
true, but really satisfies no one.

--- "Franta, Jaroslav" <frantaj at aecl.ca> wrote:

> Thank you Mike -- I just sent the letter below to
> the NY Times.
>
> Also, according to Dr.Klaus Becker, who just
> returned from the International
> Conference at IAEA in Vienna, "There have been
> actually only 8 thyroid
> cancer deaths, including two not treated at all and
> several other unusual
> cases. Of course, the fictional numbers around
> 4.000-8.000 have not been and
> will and never will be detectable and are
> "estimated" on the basis of the
> LNT/Collective Dose hypothesis. They met with strong
> objections by
> essentially all experts (including the conference
> Chairman B. Bennett, IAEA
> coordinator A. Gonzales, and last not least myself).
> Its only proponents
> were E. Cardis and F. A. Mettler."
>
> Jaro
>
> . . .

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com