[ RadSafe ] "Sensitive among the Sensibles ", Plutonium with High Concentrations Hazards Summary (Draft Number One).

Emil kerrembaev at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 16:49:31 CDT 2005

Otto,

Thank you, for your response,

I would like to warn some radsafers before somebody else will do.

This subject is sensitive in nature so,
let's guys try to be careful as much as we can and not crossing the
certain line. So we will be RESPONSIBLE professionals, okay?

Let, me make some clarifications about the Pu chemical compounds.
You are absolutely CORRECT about the inert form or the Pu as metal
form. I will not go into the meta states of the metal here on the
list due to the certain reasons.

Again you are absolutely correct, metallic form is pretty much
harmless chemically, until it gets into the heavy weights
category :-)
But it is another subject.

Back on track,

Generally speaking, Pu of high grade, Class W i.e. dissolved in an
acid is completely different story as you have mentioned the
chelatable form, why there are chelation agents used to safe persons
life in certain cases.

In an acid solution it will FLY straight into the blood stream and
will get into what ever organ it wants to go, FAST and NO FAST TRACK
lane needed for that type of carpool......

I would not call that as an imaginary scenario but an everyday's
traffic analogy.

Again, sincerely, appreciate your valuable feedback and for keeping
me straight here:-)

Please, do not take offense in my ranting style, English is not my
first, nor the second and not even the third language. Neither I am
looking for the excuses, here.

So by being a little jumpy on the emotions, helps me to concentrate
while expressing what I think and sometimes I may remember about the
subject :-)

Emil.