AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Chernobyl's Reduced Impact

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 12 18:36:47 CDT 2005

Forced evacuation from Chernobyl areas with <10rem/year greatly worsened the economic impact. So LNT use by gov greatly worsens damage, as it would after a dirty bomb in Washington, DC.
Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Rainer,
Do you know of anyone who has a fear of chronic low
level ionizing radiation exposure? Do the current
"survivors" of Chernobyl fear chronic radiation
exposure? Or are there other social factors involved,
like a depressed economy and an authorian government
that does not care for the welfare of its people. I
believe that a government is best judged by how it
treats the least powerful citizens.

I certainly believe that the panic exceeded the actual
risks, but I believe that is due to poor government
planning, education, and the distrust of its citizens.

Was it this distrust that brought the Green parties
into power, or were there other factors, like
unemployment?

/**********************************************************/

> Diagnostic Criteria for "Phobia"
> (http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-an04.html
> ):
>

> "Marked and persistent fear that is excessive or
> unreasonable, cued by the presence or anticipation
> of a specific object or situation"

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird at yahoo.com