[ RadSafe ] Re: FEAR of chronic low exposure - Chernobyl's Reduced Impact

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 11:30:09 CDT 2005

Howard,
Maybe should have spoken up about the benefits or
radiation.  I am sure they would have been receptive
to your position as a physcian and expert in
radiation.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Yes, John,
> Fear of ANY ionizing radiation is everywhere.
>
> Here near the LLivermore NL, CARE, Citizens Against
> a Radioactive Environment
> (the name also indicating rejection of natural
> condition contrary to its theology),
> has a vocal, politically shrewd save-the-world
> gaggle, of mutually propagandizing
> participants fighting nanocuries of Plutonium with a
> monthly newsletter and paid staff.
>
> I took my PalmRad to a CARE meeting, graciously
> housed in the LLNL Visitor Center.
> I called attention to its clicking. The panel of
> wild eyed fear-mongers ignored it.
>
> Howard Long
>
> . . .

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com