[ RadSafe ] Reasoning the Unreasonables (frm:Chernobyl's Reduced Impact)

Maury Siskel maurysis at ev1.net
Sun Sep 18 00:15:42 CDT 2005

I failed to find  "... getting rid of 300,000 human beings a day ...",
but the following interview reflects a pretty pragmatic view of
environmental problems.

http://www.ecomall.com/activism/emag.htm

Other quotes:
If we go on the way we have, the fault is our greed and if we are not
willing to change, we will disappear from the face of the globe, to be
replaced by the insect.
Jacques Cousteau
<http://brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jacquescou111542.html>

The road to the future leads us smack into the wall. We simply ricochet
off the alternatives that destiny offers. Our survival is no more than a
question of 25, 50 or perhaps 100 years.
Jacques Cousteau

Addressing a group of science journalists in 1992, he [Cousteau] said,
"However serious problems are, such as pollution, desertification,
depletion of the ozone layer, warming up of the planet, transportation
of dangerous materials by air or by sea, or elimination of living
species, we remain practically unaware of the main cause of all the
threats that menace our planet and our future: the population explosion."

Cheers,
Maury&Dog       maurysis at ev1.net