[ RadSafe ] 'Exit' signs boost landfill radiationlevelsvs.registration vs. HFBR

Louie Cueva louie at tgainc.com
Fri Apr 7 18:58:23 CDT 2006

I frequently ship exit signs back to their manufacturer. I have always
shipped them through UPS as excepted package - instruments or articles
UN2911. The activity limit of 22 Ci/sign and 220 Ci/package would be hard to
exceed with exit signs. Aside from gerneral packaging requirements the only
necessary marking is "UN2911" on the package. The only time Canadian Customs
has given me greif, it was regarding the $0.01 value I assigned to the
signs.

-Louie Cueva