[ RadSafe ] Looking for guidance on when to post a "SoilContamination Area"

Lemuel Matthews lmatthews at isoray.com
Tue Apr 4 12:59:23 CDT 2006

Essentially we post define an area as contaminated when that
contaminiation is in such a form so as to be readily transferable an
therefore a skin or internal concern.  At a DOE site a while back we
encountered areas of hand held detectable soil contamination but when
one walked through the area there was no contamination detectable on the
shoes.  We used what amounted to "detectable contamination but not
readily transferable" as the basis for the posting.

<>< Lemuel

Information contained in this e-mail, and all attachments, hereby
referenced, is/are Company Proprietary and Confidential unless otherwise
noted, and is/are not to be shared or forwarded without permission of
the sender of this e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including
any attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by e-mail reply.