[ RadSafe ] FW: spam: FW: 'Exit' signs boost landfill

John Andrews andrewsjp at chartertn.net
Fri Apr 7 23:15:00 CDT 2006

efforrer at aol.com wrote:

> Forgive me if this is an obvious question but wouldn't the tritium gas
> be more likely to be removed from the landfill via the methane
> extraction system?

Here is another obvious question:  How does the exit sign find its way
to the landfill as an intact sign.  Seems to me that the handling of the
sign would be destructive before it reaches the point of being covered
by fill of any kind in the landfill.  If it breaks anytime in the
handling during disposal before it is buried, then the tritum gas will
escape to the atmosphere and not be sorbed by the water in the landfill.