[ RadSafe ] radiophobia, alchemy

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Sat Apr 8 06:08:33 CDT 2006

In following up the Sterigenics (Fleurus, Belgium) radiation accident I stumbled across the text following below.

I could not resist the temptation to circulate this testimony of a medieval alchemistic worldview flourishing in an alleged age of enlightenment and being disseminated by one of our most advanced technological achievements ... :-(

Rainer

http://www.organicconsumers.org/irrad/SteriGenicsIL.cfm <http://www.organicconsumers.org/irrad/SteriGenicsIL.cfm>  (20060408)

April 12, 2001

SteriGenics: The Untold History
By Paul Fehribach <paulfehribach at home.com>
March 20, 2001

"Cobalt 60 loses part of its mass, which loss becomes radiation that is absorbed and permanently retained by the customers' products ... the cobalt 60 does not leave the customers' products once it is absorbed, thus it is delivered to the customer..."

-- Actual testimony by SteriGenics in a court of law, SteriGenics v. County of Orange, California, July, 1996