[ RadSafe ] DU in Israel-Arab War, and Vietnam(?)

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Mon Apr 10 07:51:33 CDT 2006

Steven Dapra wrote:

>.... on April 6 John Jacobus placed a message here with an
> answer he had received from Salsman, wherein Salsman said:  "Yes, the
> United States DOD provided DU munitions to them for use during the 1973
> Arab Israeli War. United Nations officers, actually U.S. officers assigned
> to the UN, provided complete accounting of the use and thorough
> documentation of the adverse health and environmental effects to the
> NAS-IOM during a formal presentation several years ago. The 1974 DOD report
> discussed the consequences."  (This Salsman reply to John Jacobus was
> probably dated March 31.)

I have never written anything remotely similar to that, and I
can't find anything like it in the archives.  My only message
to John Jacobus on the topic is below.

I made it completely clear from the first time I mentioned the
story that I doubted DU munitions were used in 1973.

Sincerely,
James Salsman