[ RadSafe ] Revised GAO reports on border smuggling incidents

Jim Hardeman Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us
Mon Apr 10 16:30:42 CDT 2006

Colleagues *

See below. Looks to me like somebody at NIST got upset at the implication that they told GAO that you could make an effective dirty bomb with 150 uCi of Cs-137. Now the question is * who is this supposed "outside expert"?

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us

Border Security: Investigators Successfully Transported Radioactive Sources Across Our Nation's Borders at Selected Locations. GAO-06-545R, April 10 [Reposted to reflect changes in the text on pages 2 and 8.]

http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-545R

TESTIMONIES

Border Security: Investigators Transported Radioactive Sources Across Our Nation's Borders at Two Locations. GAO-06-583T, April 10 [Reposted to reflect changes in the text on pages 2 and 8.]

http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO-06-583T

Highlights - http://www.gao.gov/highlights/d06583thigh.pdf