[ RadSafe ] Re: IEER Memorandum on Tritium

Peter Ryge pryge at rapiscansystems.com
Wed Apr 19 10:03:12 CDT 2006

>> According to the alleged EPA definition of "safe" as "zero known risk", could anyone please provide a list of human activities that are known to be safe???
>> I can't think of any!
>
>I can't either. Even birth starts out with risks, and they follow
>throughout life in every single breathing moment.
>
>EPA is a "little bit out there" with this definition!
>-------------------------------------
>Sandy Perle
>Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
>Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
>2652 McGaw Avenue
>Irvine, CA 92614

Where does EPA define safe as "zero known risk"?  The phrase "zero known risk" on Google turns up only three links, one of which is Arjun Makhijani on IEER "quoting" EPA, and the others are in a totally different context. None of them is EPA.

I wonder how PBS chose Arjun Makhijani as their scientific authority. The "<http://www.ieer.org/index.html>Institute for Energy and Environmental Research" web site shows no indication that they do research, either energy or environmental.

Peter Ryge
Rapiscan Systems Neutronics and Advanced Technologies Corporation
2950 Patrick Henry Drive
Santa Clara, CA  95054-1813
USA