[ RadSafe ] (no subject)

Vernig, Peter G. Peter.Vernig at va.gov
Thu Apr 20 10:16:57 CDT 2006

Group,

I'm sure most of us have read or seen news reports on anywhere from 80
to 250 Soviet suitcase nuclear weapons that are supposedly missing.  I
read an article, I'm pretty sure it was in the Wall Street Journal, that
if not debunking the claim at least called it into serious question.

Apparently the report originated with a former Soviet official who has
reported various numbers missing at different times.  Anyway I do not
wish to start another debate on whether the reports are true or not, I
would simply like to locate the article if anybody read and saved it or
made note of it.

Any opinions in this e-mail are solely those of the author, and are not
represented as those of the VA Eastern Colorado HCS, the Dept. of
Veterans Affairs, or the US Government.

Peter G. Vernig, Radiation Safety Officer, MS-115, VA Eastern Colorado
Health Care System, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO 80220,
peter.vernig at va.gov, Phone= 303.399.8020 x2447; Fax = 303.393.5026,
alternate fax, 303.393.5248

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is
admirable, if anything is found to be excellent or praiseworthy, let
your mind dwell on these things."

Paul of Tarsus