[ RadSafe ] Help Needed in India

Lorna Hubble ljb1 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 20 11:57:16 CDT 2006

I have been contacted by a Cornell graduate student who is currently in 
India for a year.  She has an experiment that she needs to do that involves 
using Co-57 and taking measurements with a Mossbauer spectrometer.  She has 
no training with radioactive materials and to date hasn't been able to tell 
me how much activity she intends to use, but instead is telling me the 
amount in units of drops.  She doesn't think there is a health and safety 
group where she is.  She is at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced 
Scientific Research in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.  Is there anyone on 
this list who is near that area or knows someone in that area that might be 
able to help her out?  I don't know the regulations in India, but I assume 
that she would also need to perform this experiment under a license?  Any 
help or advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!


Lorna Hubble                    Phone:  (607) 255-8816
Radiological Safety Specialist  Fax:  (607) 255-8267
Cornell University                      mailto:ljb1 at cornell.edu
Department of Environmental Health and Safety
Laboratory and Radiation Safety Section
125 Humphreys Service Building,  Ithaca, NY  14853

More information about the RadSafe mailing list