[ RadSafe ] Re:Reasonable risk?

Michael McNaughton mcnaught at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 21 11:07:23 CDT 2006

How many people are affected? And are we spending $100 million total or per
year? An argument might be made for spending $100-million per year to avoid
12 mrem/year to a million people.

At 09:45 AM 04/21/2006, Muckerheide, James wrote:
>Hmmm...  What does this say about EPA limits of 4 mrem/year for Yucca
>Mountain, and from radium in drinking water presently costing municipal water
>suppliers $100s millions to fix for concentrations below about 12 mrem/year?

Mike McNaughton
Los Alamos National Lab.
email: mcnaught at LANL.gov or mcnaughton at LANL.gov
phone: 505-667-6130; page: 505-664-7733