[ RadSafe ] Death rate, or Illness better for scientific analysis of radiation injury?

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 23 16:25:16 CDT 2006

NSWS and Cameron's count of deaths (and cancers) is far more credible than count of "illness". See the asbestosis -silicosis x-ray fraud.

  Misdiagnosis corruption grew with tort lawyer involvement. No person in the USA now need go without better care than available in any other country in the world or any time in history, with present law, so if any person were injured by radiation, he would have care. Compensation for injured workers is not an issue here.
  I know. I provide for mostly uninsured  persons or those dissatisfied with government and corporate "care", and in a community bedeviled by "CARE -Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment" (whose name exposes ignorant fanaticism).

  NSWS studied only the "tail" showing no cancer risk from ionizing radiation (up to 10rem or so). The other "tail ", studied by Cameron, exposed the unwanted finding of great benefit (p< 0.009) - longevity INCREASE of 3 years from exposure to 0.5 rem over Gulf Coast background!

  Howard Long MD MPH

The Wilsons <pnwnatives at gmail.com> wrote:
  I agree that my definition of harm is not workable for scientific
purposes, but I do not agree that cancer and death as the opposite
extreme is appropriate either. Never the less, that is the case. It is
my understanding this was chosen because it is the range there is some
ability to detect the affects sufficiently to produce estimates based on
statistical analysis.

I do not agree that the decision to support or not support the provision
of medical attention in real life situations should be made on estimates
that are based on the detectability of death and cancer.

Statistics do not address the affects at a personal level on an
individual basis and should not be used to determine if medical
attention is provided or not.