[ RadSafe ] Tritium diffusion through plastic

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 10:50:26 CDT 2006

Kjell,

I cannot give you numbers, but since the molecular weight of H2O is appr. 18
and the one of HTO appr. 20 HTO would only diffuse slightly slower.

If you have very high concentrations of tritium in the PE-bottles however,
you would contaminate your laboratory severely - if it is not yet
contaminated......

Best regard - venlig helsning!

Franz