[ RadSafe ] TLD Sensitivity

Baratta, Edmond J edmond.baratta at fda.hhs.gov
Wed Apr 26 07:35:42 CDT 2006

I'm not sure what you mean.  I do know that the luggage X-Rays (not the
carry-ons) will cause high readings on the TLD Whole Body.  We had a person
leave his Badge in his checked luggage and the reading was around 500
millirem.  We also have had Radiation Pagers go off, if the wearer gets near
them (luggage X-Ray Machines).  This can be problem for the wearer.

Edmond J. Baratta
Radiation Safety Officer
Tel. No. 781-729-5700 x 728
Fax:  781-729-3593