[ RadSafe ] Re: ALARA kills: 17 papers, adaptive response sessions at PBNC-2004

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 08:03:54 CDT 2006

Dr. Long,
You obviously cannot understand what the criticisms
are concerning the assertions of Dr. Cameron's
opinions.  I have asked you to read certain articles,
but it is clear that you cannot be bothered.  You
would rather parrot the same postings over and over.
Repetition does not make a statement correct.  Your
lack of even basic epidemiological principles make it
clear why you did not become one.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Facts, not "picked" opinions, are what careful
> reviewers of Dr Cameron's studies have found to
> substantiate 3 years greater longevity with 0.5 rem
> added to the NSWS background. These reviewers
> include Myron Pollycove, MD PhD of the Nuclear
> Regulatory Commision (my classmate at UCSF) and
> other highly competent "peer review"
>   .
>   Regulator control of journals to protect your jobs
> are the real villians using selection
>   (epidemiologic sin!)
>
>   Refrigeration for varied diet, cleaner air, better
> medical care and other factors seem greater than
> ALARA for better longevity and cancer decrease.
>
>   Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Dr. Long,
> I would like some facts, not the opinions of Dr.
> Cameron. He picked a few studies that were favorable
> to his position and ignored others. Nothing new
> here.
>
> Obviously, our policies to keep exposures low is
> responsible for our better health, incresed life
> expectancy and lower cancer rate. How can you argue
> with those facts? If you think radiation is so
> important what are you doing to increase the
> radiation
> exposure of you and your family?
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>
> > Yes, John J,
> > ALARA kills. At least it deprives of an "Essential
> > Trace Energy" (Cameron).
> > No better correlation with longevity has been
> > shown (except reducing calories)
> > to increase longevity - food supplements, exercise
> > programs, meditation, etc.
> > than the supplementation of Gulf Coast background
> > (0.07 rem/yr, Luckey) with
> > another 0.5 rem over ? years (Cameron, Sponsler,
> > NSWS).
> >
> > You who would deprive and kill, shame!
> >
> > Howard Long
> >
> > John Jacobus wrote:
> > Dr. Long,
> > Do you have any proof ALARA kills?
> >
> > If radiation extends life, what are you doing to
> > increase your life expectancy?
> >
> > --- howard long wrote:
> >
> > > ALARA kills!
> > >
> > > John J and other apologists for LNT preservation
> > > of their jobs
> > > need look no further than thesebiological
> > > confirmations of epidemiological indications
> that
> > > 0.5 rem more than Gulf Coast background
> > > extends life 3 years! (Cameron contention).
> > >
> > > Howard Long
> > >

> > > Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:11:01 -0400 (EDT)
> > > From: JERRY CUTTLER
> > > Subject: 17 papers, adaptive response sessions
> at
> > > PBNC-2004
> > > To: RAD-SCI-L
> > > CC: Jerry Cuttler
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I arranged to put the 17 papers, from the three
> > > PBNC-2004 sessions on the adaptive response, on
> > the
> > > web site of the Pacific Nuclear Council. They
> [...]

"A scientist's aim in a discussion with his colleagues is not to persuade, but to clarify."
Leo Szilard
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist