[ RadSafe ] British Medical Journal (BMJ) and "This is news?"

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Mon Aug 7 11:14:38 CDT 2006

When I have workers who are going to undergo radiopharmaceutical
treatments, I ask them to have their doctor issue them a letter with the
radioisotope and curie content. I then make a copy for my department,
one for security and a third for the individual to carry on their
person. This makes life much easier when they alarm one of my portal
monitors. I also, of course, take away their TLD until such time as the
decay process has completed to a point where it is no longer of concern.
I have, however noticed that if a letter is not requested, none is
offered in many cases. Perhaps this should be some sort of standard
practice.

Floyd W. Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.