[ RadSafe ] Article: Radiation oncology saves lives, but

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 06:50:22 CDT 2006

Luke,
Actually, most diagnostic exams are below, and very
much below, 10 mSv.
http://hps.org/hpspublications/articles/dosesfrommedicalradiation.html

The article is referring to machine output, or air
kerma.  Again, the effective dose is want should be
considered.

--- "Mccormick, Luke I" <luke.mccormick at dhs.gov>

+++++++++++++++++++
>From an article about physicians doing clinical studies:

"It was just before an early morning meeting, and I was really trying to get to the bagels, but I couldn't help overhearing a conversation between one of my statistical colleagues and a surgeon.

Statistician: "Oh, so you have already calculated the P value?"

Surgeon: "Yes, I used multinomial logistic regression."

Statistician: "Really? How did you come up with that?"

Surgeon: "Well, I tried each analysis on the SPSS drop-down menus, and that was the one that gave the smallest P value"."

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com