[ RadSafe ] Myth or Fact? (Dental dose)

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 14:44:54 CDT 2006

Jim,
This is not unusual.  You could certainly have a chest
CT performed using a spiral CT scanner, but the is not
the "typical" standard of care.  Now facilities are
using multidetector CT (MDCT) scanners.  Faster.
Better images. More costs.

Check your medical insurance rates.

--- "Muckerheide, Jim  (CDA)"

http://www.hpa.org.uk/radiation/publications/documents_of_nrpb
> > /abstracts
> > /absd5-3.htm >
> >
> > Regards,
> > Robert Atkinson.

=== message truncated ===

+++++++++++++++++++
>From an article about physicians doing clinical studies:

"It was just before an early morning meeting, and I was really trying to get to the bagels, but I couldn't help overhearing a conversation between one of my statistical colleagues and a surgeon.

Statistician: "Oh, so you have already calculated the P value?"

Surgeon: "Yes, I used multinomial logistic regression."

Statistician: "Really? How did you come up with that?"

Surgeon: "Well, I tried each analysis on the SPSS drop-down menus, and that was the one that gave the smallest P value"."

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com