[ RadSafe ] Buildup factor for compounds

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 10:52:37 CDT 2006

Kai,
I too have had trouble understanding how MicroShield
does its calculations.  Of course, I have not gotten
any feedback from the current distributor.

Go to the "Help" tab at the top, click on "contents"
and scroll down to the subject "Creating a Custom
Matieral" and review that material all all of those
that follow.  They do discuss the what goes into the
calculation of a custom material and read the sections
under it.

I think variation occur based on the parameters used.
For example, changing the mean free path (MFP) will
alter the results.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com