[ RadSafe ] Vitamin R : Radiation induced immune response DETERS spread of cancer

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 31 18:55:25 CDT 2006

WRONG, John, is your opinion of the huge, Nuclear Shipyard Workers Study.
  It is all the more believable in Cameron's analysis,
   since it was designed to prove the opposite of what it did with a one-tail test (insofar as epidemiology can ever prove anything). Much federal money and huge numbers with great attention to avoid healthy worker effect made Cameron's analysis in, "Is Radiation an Essential Trace Energy?"  very credible to Pollycove in his, "The biologic and Epidemiologic Foundation of Radiation Hormesis".

  Go to                 rad-sci-l at WPI.EDU        rad_sci_health at yahoogroups.com

  for better information than you keep in your dusty file.
  Your bureaucratic job protectors in Taiwan obstruct Chen and Luan from getting more data than presented in the J Assoc Am Physicians and Surgeons Spring, 2004, but that is as impressive as the first hundred cures with penicillin, and far more than Snow's diarrhea deaths stopping when he took away the pump handle to Thames sewage.

  Come to our DDP meetings and question Rockwell, Cohen Luckey, Pollycove and the most credible of scientists about the most recent studies.

  Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Dr. Long,
As noted many times, the Naval Shipyard Workers Study
is not a good study. The study of Taiwan study was
just the cherry-picking of data with no reliable
epidemiological study performed. I will leave Dr.
Cohen to comment on the results of his work.

Basing your conclusions on bad science gives invalid
results. But you know that, and just refuse to
understand the science. Try referencing move recent,
reliable studies.

--- howard long wrote:

> Prof Cohen's mind-boggling numbers (70% of USA
> population), enabling error bars used as points (to
> plot county lung cancer rates against 1/4
> picoCurie/l radon levels)
> is historic in its "discrepancy" with any linear
> theory of radiation damage. Money spent for ALARA
> with radon is harmful. Cohen's work clearly shows
> more lung cancer where less radon, unchanged even
> after 100+ confounders calculated.
>
> I believe that, with the Taiwan Apt and NSWS data,
> it also shows a cancer- causing and life-shortening
> deficiency of radiation for most of the USA
> population and a need for public health action to
> increase "Vitamin R", the "essential trace energy"
> of Cameron. It is better proven than beri-beri
> neuritis and heart failure was shown to be related
> to wheat whitening. As with Vitamin B1, thiamine,
> public health should replace the missing nutrient,
> perhaps with thorium sand or uranium ore in homes.
>
> Howard Long MD MPH
>
> "Bernard L. Cohen" wrote:
> If it is practical to increase one's exposure by
> about 5 mrem per year,
> would someone tell me how to do it?
> I did turn off my radon reduction system, but I
> refer here to whole body
> radiation.
>
> John Jacobus wrote:
>
> >Syd,
> >How so? If individuals make a claim of risk or
> >benefits, one would ask if they follow their own
> >advice. According to Jim Muckerheide he challenged
> >the committee that reported on the risks of radon
> in
> >the home if the members themselves had radon
> testing
> >done in their homes.
> >
> >Personally, I have not worried about my exposures
> >low doses of ionining radiaton. I fact, I turned in
> my
> >doimeter several years ago as my exposures never
> >exceeded 100 mrem in a year. Actually, I think that
> >the total was not even 100 mrem in five years.
> >
> >You may not like my position or comments, but how
> is
> >the question inappropriate? If you think radiation
> >exposure is beneficial, what are you doing to
> improve
> >your health?
> >
> >--- "Syd H. Levine" wrote:
> >
> > 2. If radiation is so beneficial, what have Drs.
> >>where there is more background radiation?
> >>> >>>
> >>Employing such a classic logical fallacy should be
> >>beneath you John. I have
> >>seen you do this several times, and it is
> revealing
> >>as to the quality of
> >>your argumentation.
> >>
> >>Syd H. Levine
> >>AnaLog Services, Inc.
> >>Phone: 270-276-5671
> >>Telefax: 270-276-5588
> >>E-mail: analog at logwell.com

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist