[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium ~ Commercial Dross or Military Gold?(CCNR)

Peter Thomas Peter.Thomas at arpansa.gov.au
Sun Dec 3 16:16:52 CST 2006

As far as use in H-bombs goes it's partly a tamper to keep the explosion
in longer to get more complete reaction and thus increase the
efficiency, partly a neutron reflector again to get more complete
reaction, and partly for the extra fission yield from fast neutrons.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_design

Peter Thomas
Medical Physics Section