[ RadSafe ] Gamma measurements in planes

Tosh Ushino rad_chp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 19:44:34 CST 2006

Ladies and Gents,

I haven't been following RADSAFE for quite a while, and please excuse me if someone else already responded with this.

There are couple of web pages that show solar weather. The second one below has a plot of 3-days of 5-minute solar x-ray flux values measured on the SEC primary and secondary GOES satellites.

http://www.spaceweather.com/
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/today.html

Perhaps solar weather will help explain the anomaly observed in the airplane.

I wish you all Happy Holidays.

Tosh Ushino