[ RadSafe ] Information on typical exposure/dose from PET/CT examinations

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 12:07:31 CST 2006

Sandy,
For PET scans, do you mean FDG or other types?  Doses
for

C-11 Monoxide - 20 s breathhold
C-11 Monoxide - continuous inhalation (1 hr)
N-13 Ammonia
C-14 Inulin
O-15 H2O
O-15 O2
F-18 FDG
F-18 Sodium Fluoride

can be found at
http://www.orau.gov/reacts/DOSETABLES.doc

For CT scans see
http://hps.org/hpspublications/articles/dosesfrommedicalradiation.html

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I would appreciate typical exposure to the patient
> as well as a
> technologist over a specific time period (to
> normalize the data) for:
>
> - Exposure for PET examinations?
>
> - Exposures for PET/CT examinations?
>
> - Exposures for Whole Body CTs?
>
> Any exposure/dose information and/or reference sites
> will be most
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks...

> Sandy Perle
> Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
> Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS